Have trouble finding and printing your tickets from Expedia? We know how much effort goes into planning for a holiday. Stress levels rise, and you can’t remember what you forgot. Let us help you with a step-by-step guide. In this article, we are going to cover:
- What Expedia is – Who are they?
- What does Expedia offer?
- Do you NEED to print a ticket before a flight?
- Can I cancel my flight on Expedia?
- Step-by-step instructions to find and print your ticket.
- More about Expedia.
- What are the best alternatives to Expedia?
Please feel free to jump to the step-by-step instructions if you just need a quick guide. You can come back later to learn what you missed!
What is Expedia?
Founded in 1996, Expedia Group is an American traveling company. They offer their services to consumers and small businesses that travel often. The group has many subdivisions, namely: Expedia.com, Trivago, Carrental.com, Orbitz, Hotwire.com, and Hotels.com. Furthermore, apart from their website, they also have a mobile application. Making traveling, searching for a flight, and getting out there, so much easier.
On their website, they offer blogs and articles for you to read, giving insight into the best deals, countries, accommodation, and so much more. Their help menu is full of necessary guidelines, for example, what international travel documents you will need, refund timelines and possibilities, as well as cancelations and coupon use.
What Does Expedia Offer?
Expedia offers one of the broadest travel insights. With over two hundred sites, you have the world at your fingertips. They offer their services in more than seventy countries. Over five hundred flights, dozens of cruise lines, and more than a thousand car rentals.
They have an awesome platform that allows the user to browse through thousands of flights, deals, cruises, hotels. It’s like walking into a Target, if you don’t know where to go, Expedia will let you know. Apart from that, Expedia also offers a space for renters. If you would like to list your property as a potential stay to earn some money, you could do that too.
As if you needed any more motivation to jump on a plane, Expedia also offers awards. There are three tiers, Blue, Silver, and Gold.
Do I Need To Print My Ticket Beforehand?
Whether you are flying internationally or domestically, the airport will issue your ticket for you as long as you have your ID and booking number. The anxiety of traveling and possibly missing your flight is gut-wrenching, so the need to be prepared is real.
The biggest deal, though, is being on time!
When traveling domestically, you need to keep in mind that you need to check in, at the latest, thirty minutes before your scheduled departure time (or whatever your airport states). You should be at your designated gate, at least fifteen minutes before departure. For international travel, though, check-in needs to be at least ninety minutes before departure. Most airlines require that you check in online about an hour or twenty-four hours before departure.
Long story short, no, you do not need to print your ticket and bring it to the airport.
Can I Cancel My Ticket On Expedia?
Yes! You can. There are some conditions though:
- You can’t cancel a flight that is booked with a low-cost carrier. In this case, you have to call the airline yourself to make changes or cancel the flight.
- You have to make it in time for the twenty-four-hour free cancelation window.
Here is a step-by-step instruction you can follow:
- To start, log into your Expedia personal account.
- Then, go to ‘trips’ and click on the trip you want to modify.
- Click on ‘manage reservation’
- Select cancel flight.
- Follow the prompt on the cancel flight page, and your refund will be displayed.
Remember, if you cancel your booking within twenty-four hours, you will get a refund. If you miss the cut-off time, chances are you will not be refunded.
How Do I Get My Tickets From Expedia?
Your bags are packed, and you are ready to go! Pre-flight jitters are setting in, and you still have some time to kill. This is when the overthinking happens. You know you checked in online, and you don’t need to do it, but you are going to do it anyway. So, without further ado.
How to Get Your Tickets from Expedia on your PC.
- Step 1 – Log in to your Expedia account.
- Step 2 – Look for the ‘My Trips’ button on the top right of your screen and click on it.
- Step 3 – Find the booking you need under ‘Upcoming’ if you still have to fly. Or ‘History’ if you want to access previous tickets. Click on the booking for all the information.
- Step 4 – Select print or press Ctrl+P, to print the ticket.
How to Get Your Tickets From Expedia on your Mobile Phone.
- Step 1 – Open the app on your phone and make sure you are logged into your profile.
- Step 2 – Touch the ‘trips’ button on the bottom center of your screen to view your itineraries.
- Step 3 – Tap on the trip you would like to view.
- Step 4 – Take a screenshot or if you have an Apple device and an Airprint enabled printer, just print it.
More about Expedia.
Whether you are in the US, or abroad. You can still depend on Expedia. They offer online platforms in over forty countries, including Argentina, Norway, Australia, Peru, South Korea, the Philippines, Belgium, Brazil, and Spain.
Most hotels on Expedia are fully refundable, which is great, especially when you have to cancel last minute or have a change of plans. They provide you with some of the best deals and stays with prices as low as thirty dollars per night in the US.
Fancy some more classy? That’s not a problem! Expedia lists some of the best 5-star stays you can find. Be treated with a sea-view room, some room service, and later go down to the pool for a nice swim. Or maybe you feel like getting a massage. The hotels on Expedia show you what they offer, so you can make an informed decision.
Convenience, it’s the language we speak. And Expedia understands that language. They have holiday packages, where you can book your flight, accommodation, and a rental car all on the same page. Helping you ease into your holiday with no stress or annoyances.
Log in to your Expedia account and in the left top corner you will see ‘packages’. Add all the elements you will need for your trip. You can add or remove any elements from stays, flights, and cars.
There is nothing better than lying back in a comfy chair, basking in the sun, and being served cocktails till the sunsets. You don’t have to worry about finding a ride home or losing the key to your hotel because everything you require is just a few steps away.
Affiliated with the most well-known and trusted cruise lines, you can be sure that Expedia will provide you with the best holiday, regardless of which destination you choose.
Have an apartment that you don’t use? What to make some extra cash and not do any of the hard work. Well, Expedia offers an option for users to list their properties as accommodation.
You can make quite a bit of money, and it’s a great way to get your foot in the door to possibly list more accommodations and increase your earnings.
What Are The Best Alternatives To Expedia?
Even though Expedia is so diverse in what they offer, they might not be the best for you. Fear not, though, we looked far and high to find the best alternatives for you to use.
- Orbitz – Much like many of the online travel services we know, Orbitz offers a huge variety of deals, flights, stays, and insight on ‘things to do’. They offer deals with flights from $119, last-minute deals, and all-inclusive packages! Their interface is much like that of Expedia, the world at your fingertips.
- Booking.com – This is a great, straight-to-the-point site. If you know where you want to go and how you want to get there, we suggest you use Booking.com. You won’t get sidetracked with alternative deals and exclusive offers. Instead, be provided with a clear vision of what your ideal holiday would look like.
- Tripadvisor – A personal favorite. They offer a fun and engaging website, with suggestions on things to do that you never would have thought of. This site is great for the traveler who doesn’t want to plan a specific trip. They offer great blogs and reviews of people who have been there, giving you a clear idea of what to expect. Furthermore, if you’re a planner, you can download their app. It is a great platform to save locations, trip ideas, and suggestions.
We hope this helped, and that you have safe travels wherever you may go.
- Booking.com Fake Reservations – What’s This and Why Does It Happen? - February 2, 2023
- Hotel Security Deposit Not Refunded – What Should I Do? - January 2, 2023
- When Does Marriott Charge Your Card? And Can They Forget To? - December 2, 2022